[ale] OS Windows text editor for Unix files

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Sun Jan 2 22:59:53 EST 2005

Just in case you didn't find something you like already, I recommend two
choices.  If you are looking for basically notepad, but with the ability to
read Unix files and show line numbers, I recommend Win32Pad - written in
straight C with the Win32 API, fast, solid, small, and great.
http://www.gena01.com/win32pad/

If you want a solid text editor with TONS of programmer friendly features
(honestly, I've always wished it ran on Linux, I like it that much) and, of
course, the ability to read those Unix files, check out Crimson Editor
http://crimsoneditor.com/

Since I didn't see anyone else recommending them, I thought I'd toss them into
the mix.  PFE is really good, but Win32Pad or Crimson Editor are at least
equal to it, and they're still actively developed and supported.  Both
editors I mentioned are free programs.
-Jay