[ale] running proftpd as a child of xinetd

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 28 23:49:38 EST 2005

sgi fam is the File Alteration Monitor and is a RPC service.  Looks like
the pmap_set message is a portmapper failure to set the address for
sgi_fam.  Are you starting up rpcbind/portmapper daemon properly?  Also,
make sure you can telnet to the  port your after since you may have a
firewall rule blocking your connection inadvertently.  I'd double check
the firewall rules first.
Dow