[ale] Hosting in Atlanta

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Mon Feb 28 13:49:31 EST 2005

My favorite is Pronic Solutions
www.pronicsolutions.com

They have great uptime, customer service, have redundant (FAST) links, and
are cheap for what you get.

I'm not sure how they are on upgrades and the like, however.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Carless [mailto:kafka at antichri.st]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:11 AM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] Hosting in Atlanta

Hi all,

Sorry about asking something that's been covered a million times here
before, but--the company I work for is considering outsourcing hosting for
our Web site, and I was wondering what recommendations people had for
'serious' managed hosting; in other words, 24/7 support, five nines, good
customer service, etc.

We'd want something where they were comfortable with applying
(slightly) non-standard things in Apache etc. (just your basic mod_rewrite
type of stuff), preferably where they'd keep the machine up-to-date on
patches but not upgrade anything major (PHP, MySQL,
whatever) without decent regression testing etc.  Also somewhere with
experience providing streaming servers etc. for audio/video would be a
plus... as would its being local.

Thanks,
--George
George Carless ... kafka at antichri.st
Words are just dust in deserts of sound

PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL  information that is intended only for use by
the   named recipient. If you are not the named recipient,  any disclosure,
dissemination, or action based on   the contents of this message is
prohibited. In such  case please notify us and destroy and delete all