OT Re: [ale] Politics: Senators Clinton and Kerry Submit Open Voting Bill

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:30:03 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:50 -0500, Mike Murphy <mike at tyderia.net> wrote:
> While I have no problem with discussing electronic voting, especially
> with reference to OSS intitiatives thereof, I prefer to keep that
> seperate from outward political screeds, please. Believe it or not,
> there are going to be some "extreme liberals" on this list as well which
> will likely take offense. No one here benefits from a politics flame war

Oh believe me, I'd love to keep the issues seperate. Unfortunately,
the authors of the bill took that option away from me. I'm just
indicating my displeasure at the politicizing of an issue that should
be non-partisan. I think we can all agree to that. The complete
inaction on the part of Republicans makes me even more angry. It's
almost like they are content to leave this issue along as long as they
are winning. That does nothing more than fuel the conspiracy theories.

--
Jonathan