[ale] Politics: Senators Clinton and Kerry Submit Open Voting Bill

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:05:30 EST 2005

Well a brief glance at the bill reveals it to be a "Boss Tom/Mayor
Daley" ballot box stuffing initiative, disguised as meaningful reform.
Restoring the right of felons to vote (for Democrats), allowing for
last minute registration (of Democrats following Bruce Springs-teen
and the like) at the polls with questionable ID provisions, among
other things that I haven't dug fully into yet (cough cough, illegal
aliens), is nothing more than an attempt to engineer elections IMO.
What a terrible shame that an important issue like this is being
twisted and used as a vehicle for electioneering. But I suppose it is
to be expected in times like these, when the Democrats have written
off mainstream America and instead are focused on brute forcing the
elections through sheer numbers...regardless of the makeup of the
voters who constitute those numbers and their grasp of the issues, or
lack thereof. Oh well, given the preponderence of extreme liberalism
in the tech community and particularly in the electronic voting reform
segment it shouldn't come as any real surprise.

--
Jonathan