[ale] VMWare LUG promo

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 11:10:16 EST 2005

It would be worth it for many since version 5 is coming out soon.  I'd
like to have better sound since until that happens, I can't move people
to VMware for their main environment.  My boss is a Windows person and
would require an install that worked just like a native install.  Sound
is really crappy under VMware so I can't have the machine just boot thru
Linux to VMware.  I don't know if the VMware people have given up on
sound or not, but the version 4 was supposed to address that initially.
It never really panned out very well in my opinion.  Maybe it was my
setup.  Anyway, version 5 has more features for managing lots of
installs and is probably of more interest to businesses managing
multiple VMware images.
Dow