[ale] tetex-fonts-2.0.2-21.3.i386

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 21:51:33 EST 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:10:38 -0500, Nathan J. Underwood
<ale1 at cybertechcafe.net> wrote:
> Well, this morning it was still holding steady at 18MB with 17 seconds
> left.  I downloaded it to one of our webservers (offsite), and then
> tried to download it from there.  It downloaded to the webserver in
> seconds, but when I tried to download it from there to here, same
> thing.  Got to 18MB and stopped.  I verified [again] that there was
> sufficient drive space, and scratched my head a bit.  Then, I tarred /
> gzipped it, which dropped it by roughly 1MB, and tried again.  This time
> it worked.   Downloaded it to my workstation, rpm -Uvh 'd it, and am now
> in business.  Anyone got any ideas about what could have been happening
> (and probably still is)?

I would guess one of two possibilities.

1) You have some kind of file size limit on your downloads.  Can you
download other 20 MB files?  (Try the java sdk for a file that is
big.)  This could be an ISP limit, firewall limit, or something else
on your own system.  I would guess this is it.

2) Some bizarre filter problem.  What if the compressed file had the
word "nude" in it at 18 MB and some filter was running that detected
that.  This seems unlikely, but possible.

Michael