[ale] tetex-fonts-2.0.2-21.3.i386

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 25 23:21:26 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:

> I'm trying to update my Fedora Core3 machine using yum update, but it
> keeps hanging on tetex-fonts-2.0.2-21.3.i386, specifically, it dies at
> around 18MB.  I've tried it from a couple of sources (including the
> stock yum sources, dag, and even downloading it with a browser from
> rpmfind), but have the same problem.  Anyone got any ideas?  I was able
> to download the OpenOffice update without a problem (100+MB), and I've
> still got several GB left on the drive.

This may or may not be your problem, but make sure you configure yum to use
relatively local mirrors. The full Fedora mirror list round-robins through
hundreds of sites of somewhat varied connectivity and reliability

Changing to something like

mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever.us.
east

in /etc/yum.conf or /etc/yum.repos.d/* will probably help in general. The
above is what I use for machines in the Eastern US for which I've not set up
a private archive, and it works pretty well. tetex-fonts-2.0.2-21.3
downloads for me using those mirrors just fine....

later,
chris