[ale] Has anyone tried the flat-screen with SUSE 9.2

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 12:46:30 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:27:29 -0500, Michael Trausch wrote:
> Eh.  You should be able to use it just fine, it appears to just be Yet
> Another Flat Screen.
>
>   Later.

Well, we have a cheap 15" flatscreen the works fine with Windows and
does not even let me run in text-mode with SUSE 9.2.  I've also tried
it with a couple of Knoppix versions and the SUSE 9.2 Live CD, no
luck.

FInally, I see a lot of messages in the SuSE archives talking about
flatscreen compatibility issues.

I'm not very convinced about universal compatibility, but the Samsung
Jay mentioned looks promising.  I just need basic X-support, nothing
exotic.

Greg