[ale] AGP riser card resolution

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:24:17 EST 2005

Hello all,

Just thought I'd post the final result of my AGP riser card search.

I found one, but the frelling Gateway E3200 was apparently build with
only one card form factor in mind, so even with a riser card,
something is in the way.  So I throw in my cards (NPI) on this.

Along the way, I want to  highly praise the folks at Adex Electronics
in Lake Forest CA.  I had bought one riser card from an Ebay dealer,
and s/he shipped it.  When I found out I had ordered the wrong one
(A/B right-angle risers, feh), I called the company on the packing
list to arrange an RMA.  The folks there, even though I had bought
from a reseller, made rapid arrangements for me to return the card and
replace it with the other type.  And they did it for free!

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps