[ale] OT: FireFox, pop-up blocking

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:54:14 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:49:34 -0500, James Sumners
<james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't like the no javascript solution. While I hate websites that
> overly use it almost as much as I hate websites that use flash, I do
> think that it is useful.

Yes indeed.  When it is done well it is outstanding.  gmail and
maps.google.com are two examples that leap to mind.  VersionOne is
another.

What a pity that Konqueror's javascript support is too weak to support
them.  The google sites require mozilla (including firefox,
fortunately.  VersionOne is IE only--a real pity.  VersionOne lets you
do drag-n-drop inside the browser, which I've never seen before.

Michael