[ale] Westell DSL Router

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:38:10 EST 2005

I have the Westell DSL Router as provided by Bellsouth.

It acts as as simple NAT/firewall.

Has anyone successfully configured the Westell to pass inbound sockets
into a server?

Specifically, I want to open up SSH and HTTP traffic for a couple days
to do some testing.

On the HTTP GUI of the Westell there are 2 config options which seem
relevant: "IP Passthru" and "NAT".

I've read the manual, but it does not really say what these 2 options do.

I tried setting the IP Passthru to my server, but it does not seem to
be working.

Under the NAT config screen there are lots of web services to choose,
but when I try to add a service, it rejects the request because IP
Passthru is enabled.

Thanks
Greg
--