[ale] A free alternative to VMWare and Win4Lin

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sun Feb 20 20:35:25 EST 2005

Can you use a belkin on a laptop?

  I have a Linux laptop which does most of what I need.  Recent
changes in my job now require me to use some windows tools but I won't
give up my Linux laptop.  I put vmware on the laptop (1.4Ghz) and crank
up VMWare with WinXP on it, do what I need to do then just suspend the
Windows when not in use.  Fast recovery should I need it in a meeting,
out of the way when I don't need it and easy recovery should I have to
install and test some software for some reason.

  In addition I use VMWare to do my school work which works with IE only
without having to dedicate a machine to windows.

Robert

Thus spake Courtney Thomas (ccthomas at joimail.com):