[ale] Once again, how about a virus scanner on the mailing list server?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 09:48:39 EST 2005

I fail to see how that email could have come from that machine. I do
believe that it was on at that time last weekend; it is an odd
coincidence how that email was sent during one of the only two times I
have been able to turn that machine on in three weeks. However, I
believe I was running a regular virus scan at the time. Plus, there is
no way that machine could get anyone's email address from ale since I
don't store any information on it other than game information. Also,
the, what seems to be, originating HELO did not come from any IP
address I have ever used.

But, even if by some miracle it did come from my machine, it is still
a good example of why the list doesn't need to either A) accept
attachments or B) let virus attachments through.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59