[ale] Once again, how about a virus scanner on the mailing list server?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 01:11:55 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 23:17 -0500, James Sumners wrote:
> Well, let's see how many ways that assertion is incorrect.

:-) I didn't say that you knowingly or intentionally were spreading a
virus.  All I did was point out that you posted some interesting emails
showing you sending a virus infected email that Qmail had trouble
delivering to other more virus sensitive servers.  :-)  <-- Notice the
happy face.

> 1) The machine that I am typing this email on is running Debian/Sid.
> 2) My laptop runs Debian/Sid.
> 3) My XP box, that is only on when I play World of Warcraft or UT2k4,
> doesn't even have an email client installed on it.

Bingo?  Were you playing either game around "Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:38:03
+0530"?  Was your XP box online during that time?

Google seems to show that at least some people are suspicious of virus
laden copies of both of those games.

Again, I am not accusing you of knowingly or intentionally distributing
a virus.  However you did provide at least some interesting content in
the email you posted earlier.

-Jim P.