[ale] Once again, how about a virus scanner on the mailing list server?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 20:42:49 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 18:14 -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> On Saturday February 19 2005 16:00, James P. Kinney III wrote:
>
> My sole answer now is "So we can stop posting threads about it" ;)

LOL.

The way to fix it is to block emails that contain attachments, or at
least use demime to strip attachments.  I did finally see the spam that
started this thread, Yahoo! had trapped it in the Bulk folder.  This is
interesting because if other people on this list got it (assuming that
they are using things like clamav or spamassassin) then there is
something Yahoo! knows about this type of virus that others don't.

Since the email came through the ale server, and according to the
headers it did, then an ALE admin needs to look at the mailserver logs
and identify the origin and see what the source was.

-Jim P.