[ale] A free alternative to VMWare and Win4Lin

Tejus Parikh tejus at vijedi.net
Sat Feb 19 18:40:12 EST 2005

I used Win4Lin for a little bit a few years ago.  All it really does is
run windows from inside of linux.  When I used it, I installed win98 on
it.  Therefore I know that you can run win95 programs as I used to do
that quite regularily.  However, I have since forgotten what the support
for NT4 is.  One thing to note though is that it's that you actually
have to reinstall Windows inside of win4lin (ala VMWare) so you will
still have to run windows, but it will be windows running inside of
linux.