[ale] OT: FireFox, pop-up blocking

joh6nn joh6nn at hotpop.com
Thu Feb 17 20:07:52 EST 2005

Pete Hardie wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:02:48 -0500, David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 16 February 2005 10:15 pm, joh6nn wrote:
>>
>>>yeah, i've dealt with it before.  the way they sneak through has to deal
>>>with the javascript events that are allowed go generate new windows.
>>>there's probably a better way to handle it, but what i did for my mom
>>>was to set it (by way of the tab prefs extension) so that all javascript
>>>windows would open in a new tab; that way, at the least, she'd know it
>>>wasn't a legitimate dialog
>>
>>I looked on mozdev.org, but could not find an extension called "tabprefs" or
>>one that looks like it does what you're saying.  Do you have a URL?
>

> IIRC, it's Tabbrowser Preferences - should be available from the
> firefox main page->extenstions & themes link.

yeah, that's the one; i'm pretty sure (and it's re-enforced by the url)
that the "tabprefs" one you found is the one you want, but here's the
project's homepage: http://www.pryan.org/mozilla/site/TheOneKEA/tabprefs/

after it's installed, there'll be a new section in the preferences
regarding tabs.  it's pretty straightforward, and much simpler to deal
with than the other Tabbrowser Extensions extension.