[ale] OT Shot in the dark, cli image viewer

Josh Freeman jkfreeman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:15:58 EST 2005

If you are tunnelling ssh, and the local machine supports X-windows,
try the "display" program from ImageMagick. That *ought* to do it. I
just tried it from Cygwin, and it works for me, but it's pretty slow.

Josh

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:43:45 -0500, Nathan J. Underwood
<ale1 at cybertechcafe.net> wrote:
> Is there anything that I can use to view an image via an ssh terminal
> session into a *nix box (FC3)?  What I would like to have is something
> that would allow me to type (for example) "view foo.gif" from the
> command line, and see the picture.  Don't need to modify it, just need
> to view it.
> registered linux user # 73046

Josh Freeman
YMCA Assistant Scuba Instructor