[ale] Base64 encoding in Perl

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Feb 14 13:30:24 EST 2005

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> Thanks fletch.  My concern was the final '==' at the
    Christopher> end of the data.  I was under the assumption that I
    Christopher> had to read all the data in then feed it to the
    Christopher> encoder.

Don't know about the trailing == (may need to add that yourself).
Right below the aforementioned encode example it says that decoding
doesn't need the entire file if every line (save the trailing one of
course) has a multiple of 4 base64 characters.

[...]

    Christopher> On the perl side I'm simply just using it to test my
    Christopher> XML-RPC C code on my embedded device.  The reason I
    Christopher> have a 9m file is that I intend to feed software
    Christopher> upgrades via XML-RPC.

Hrmm.  I'd put the upgrade file available by (password protected) HTTP
and then send the client the URL (and maybe even credentials) and have
it pull the upgrade via curl/wget/LWP::Simple::getstore.  But that's
just me . . .

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'