[ale] Ripping to MP3s in KDE

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 20:16:38 EST 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:43:07 -0500, joh6nn <joh6nn at hotpop.com> wrote:
> freaky; you beat me to asking a related question by about 5 minutes;
> solved mine on the way to solving yours, though.  supposedly, the
> solution to the problem you've got is to recompile kio_audiocd with
> liblame support.  the standard way to configure the audiocd kio slave is
> by passing arguments in through the url, though there's supposed to also
> be a kcontrol module, which if i read the article right, also has to be
> enabled at compile time; i haven't gotten around to messing with it,
> since the default options i've got are acceptable, if not quite what i want.

Darn.  I hate compiling KDE things.  Half the time mandrake has a
broken setup and won't compile, and the rest of the time all my work
disappears after some update.

I wouldn't think I would need to recompile since I do have:
/usr/lib/kde3/libaudiocd_encoder_lame.la
/usr/lib/kde3/libaudiocd_encoder_lame.so
as part of kdemultimedia-common.

Thanks,

Michael