[ale] My iBook -- [for sale]

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 18:55:23 EST 2005

As soon as my tax refund gets here, I'm going get either an iBook or the
powerbook,

Which means I need to get rid of this thing.

HP zd7020US.  Purchased last March.
17" TFT Active Matrix
P4 2.8GHz
512M Ram
80G HDD
Stereo Harmon Kardon Speakers (built in)
NVIDIA Geforce FX5600 Go
CD/DVD player with CD/DVD+R
4USB, 1 Firewire, 1 SD/MS/Pro/MMC/SM Media card slot
1 PCMICIA Slot
Built-In Broadcomm 54G Wireless.  (Plus, I'll transfer the license over to
you for LinuxAnt's Driverloader if you wish)
Full size keyboard with numeric keypad.
Currently sportng XP Pro + Fedora Core 3
Crappy Targus bag that I've beat to hell and back
Included:  All software that came with it (XP Home, Quicken, Money, some HP
graphics utils)

I paid $2100 new for the laptop, and have taken pretty good care of it.

Here's the link to the laptop that I originally used to evaluate it:

http://hardware.gamespot.com/HP-Pavilion-Zd7020us-4757-O-1-3

The law of diminishing return and declining value has taken over, though,
and it looks like I can only ask around 1400. (eBay)

So...  I'm offering this piece for around $1350 obo.

It's for a good cause, so I can buy an Apple.  Help me out if you can.
Also, you contractor types...if you have a customer looking for a laptop,
this might be the bargain they're looking for.

Thanks!

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
McKesson, Inc.