[ale] Vonage alternatives...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 11 15:02:12 EST 2005

Ben Scherrey wrote:
> I'm having trouble with my Vonage service today. Got a dial tone -
> everything looks good - but every time I try to place an outbound call I
> get a fast busy. Called their tech support number. After navigating four
> levels of menus it transfers me to  - a BUSY SIGNAL!! GEEZ!! I need a
> more reliable service provider. Appreciate any comments based on
> experience.

I had a 'self induced' problem last week.  Before I figured out it was
my mistake, I spent 2 hours on hold with Vonage.  I did finally get
through, but the wait time was really totally unacceptable.

Unfortunately, I suspect this is the way this will likely be in the future.

The nice thing is, you can add another provider without getting rid of
your current service.  Most offer free hardware.

--
Until later, Geoffrey