[ale] My iBook

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Feb 11 11:03:57 EST 2005

    Nathan> I've really been considering buying one of the mini-macs
    Nathan> just to get my feet wet with a Mac.  The thing that's
    Nathan> holding me back from getting an Apple laptop is the price
    Nathan> (the mini-mac is around $500, the iBooks are around double
    Nathan> that).

The base 1.25GHz Mini is 499$, but you'd definately want to up it to
at least 512M (75$) and get the internal Airport (i.e. WiFi; 79$) so
you're really looking at around 660$.  If you go to one of the Apple
stores and play with a demo unit you'll notice it's probably a 1.42GHz
model with at least 512M if not 1G of RAM.

Having said that, I've been more than happy using my 1.25/1G powerbook
as my primary work "desktop" for the past year (of course my new
1.67/1G PB finally came yesterday morning so I'm probably good for
another year :).  As I've mentioned before I'm planning on getting a
Mini RSN, so this isn't a "don't do it" as much as a "check the specs
before hand".

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'