[ale] My iBook

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:35:23 EST 2005

Actually today I was thinking about going today at lunch to the apple
store and grabbing one of the mini's.  It's right at that price point
where I can say what the hell it'll be worth it just to learn the mac
platform.  Another thing I had considered was getting a good ibook and
linux support on it since it's now a microsoft product.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:22:22 -0500, Nathan J. Underwood
<ale1 at cybertechcafe.net> wrote:
> I've really been considering buying one of the mini-macs just to get my
> feet wet with a Mac.  The thing that's holding me back from getting an
> Apple laptop is the price (the mini-mac is around $500, the iBooks are
> around double that).
> --
> registered linux user # 73046
>
> Matthew Brown wrote:
> > I have had my iBook G4 for almost a week. It is my first Apple ever. I
> > bought the bottom of the line G4 (12" screen) for ~$880 -- with the
> > AirPort card. I bought it basically so I could have a solid an supported
> > *NIX laptop. In short, it rocks! It literally does everything I could do
> > before, but now I also have OpenBSD underneath, allowing me tons of
> > useful tools, many of which I've already used.
> >
> > If you're looking for a switch off Windows and you still need things
> > like a good WYSIWYG web editor -- like Dreamweaver -- or Flash or the
> > Adobe tools, Apple is THE THING.
> >
> > My 2 cents.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Matthew Brown
> > CorData, Inc. -- Linux solutions for business
> > o: 770-795-0089

[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$