[ale] gmail invites - rediculous

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu Feb 10 21:41:16 EST 2005

Yeah, I think they're going to keep gmail beta indefinitely.  By keeping
it as an unreleased "product" they are able to avoid certain
regulations, etc.  By letting people invite other users, they can
track/reduce spammers by orders of magnitude.  They can trace accounts
back to the highest level "branch" (before the spam) and completely clip
it off (and every account under it).

It's a great strategy IMHO.

Kind regards,
CB