[ale] Webcrawlers can harvest ALE Archive E-mail Addresses

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Feb 10 14:27:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 14:08 -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 13:12 -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> >
> > I propose the email address be changed to the following format:
> >
> > joe at joemail.com becomes
> >
> > joe__joemail.com@<insert randomly from the following list>
> >
> > microsoft.com
> > dhs.gov
> > senate.gov
> > house.gov
> > aol.com
> > any known spammers persoanl address
>
> <sarcasm>
> Right.
> </sarcasm>
>
> Let's NOT punish the admins at those sites. <sigh>

True. It would be cruel to punish the admins. I am also an admin so I
should feel _some_ remorse at the sugestion.

However, I seem have lost my concience lately and sort of liked the idea
of hounding the groups that have had a hand in making the life of admins
tough. OK. OK. dhs.gov is new. I just included them for general "sieg
heil" [sic] character. The other 5 are legitimately involved...

Now I need to go back to rebuilding my anti-spam system....