[ale] anybody know how to setup network printing under Suse 9.0 ?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Feb 10 11:29:46 EST 2005

Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Thank you Geoffrey.
>
> Installing the network printer using Yast....
>
> ...the printer is detected but when I test the installation with sample
> printing, CUPS gives the error "client not authorized".
>
> How is a client authorized under CUPS ? [I modified cupsd.conf and
> printers.conf, then restarted cupsd, but apparently didn't do it right.]
>
> Incidentally, I'm running off the CD so that complicates the picture
> somewhat.

It may be causing some problems.  Typically, all users have access to
the printer when it's setup by default.  If you go back into Yast,
select the printer you've added and look for 'Restrictions.'  This is
where you set the options for users.

Is it possible the problem is on the server end?

--
Until later, Geoffrey