[ale] anybody know how to setup network printing under Suse 9.0 ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:12:37 EST 2005

Thank you Geoffrey.

Installing the network printer using Yast....

...the printer is detected but when I test the installation with sample
printing, CUPS gives the error "client not authorized".

How is a client authorized under CUPS ? [I modified cupsd.conf and
printers.conf, then restarted cupsd, but apparently didn't do it right.]

Incidentally, I'm running off the CD so that complicates the picture
somewhat.

Appreciatively,
Courtney

--