[ale] Webcrawlers can harvest ALE Archive E-mail Addresses

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:46:37 EST 2005

The way I understand it is that if an email contains the header
preventing it from showing up on the web archive.

Of course, that would not prevent the email from showing in a message
reply (e.g. Jim Popovitch's email will show in my reply). It seems to
me that it would not be very difficult for the archiver to obfuscate,
or completely remove, the email address from the From line in the web
archive. I went to MHonArc's web page to see if it supports such a
thing and the closest I was able to find was the support of the
X-no-archive header. I must agree that it would be extremely
beneficial if the archiver would rip email address from the From field
before archiving but I also don't maintain the list.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59