[ale] database conversion

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:07:26 EST 2005

> > In the MySQL realm all that was done with a Master -> Slave and done
> > with binary data.  I'm not looking for Master->Slave.  I've have had so
> > many problems getting the Master->Slave working and continue to work
> > under MySQL.  I want backup databases and possible even load balancing.
> > Where I can have 2 database servers and then my application can contact
> > the first one available.

Ingres r3 has Oracle style clustering right out of the box. I'm
finding it to be the answer for a n awful lot of questions. I used to
hate Ingres out of pure ignorance, but now that I've taken the time to
play with it a little I have realized that it is second only to Oracle
in terms of practical features, and barely second at that.

--
Jonathan