[ale] Anyone out there familiar with the program Inprotect andgetting it to work with Nessus?

John Cole jcole at filink.com
Mon Feb 7 16:50:42 EST 2005

Howdy!

I'm using the latest version (0.21).  I have it setup to see nessusd running
locally.  I have disable the firewall running on this box.  I log in as any
user (both admin and not) and schedule a scan.  It just sits there and says
running under nessus-scan but when I go to live statistics it shows nothing.
I run a 'ps -aef' and it just shows nessusd waiting for connections.

I'm also getting the following continuously in /var/log/nessus_scan.log:

Mon Feb  7 16:44:01 2005 nessus_run: Start
Mon Feb  7 16:44:01 2005 nessus_run: Finish
Mon Feb  7 16:44:02 2005 sched: Start
Mon Feb  7 16:44:02 2005 sched: Another instance of the daemon is currently
running
Mon Feb  7 16:45:02 2005 nessus_run: Start
Mon Feb  7 16:45:02 2005 nessus_run: Finish
Mon Feb  7 16:45:02 2005 sched: Start
Mon Feb  7 16:45:02 2005 sched: Another instance of the daemon is currently
running

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John Cole