[ale] OT: APC UPS1400

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 16:05:05 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 15:46 -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I now know I've got an APC UPS1400 with a bad battery (thanks to the
> snow storm).  I've got a new battery, does anyone know if it can be
> replaced without shutting it down?

Yes.  I just did this on an APC700 (first cousin of the 1400) back in
Nov.  The paperwork that comes from APC with the replacement batt
clearly indicates that there is no need to poweroff the UPS.  Just in
case it isn't obvious, make sure you unplug the big grey battery pack
cable and remove the whole tray before replacing the batteries. ;-)
Reconnect after fully inserting the tray back into the unit.

-Jim P.