[ale] Looking for duplicate photos

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 6 11:25:05 EST 2005

I've got a number of photos from my digital camera stored on my machine
and a number of them are duplicates.  I was wondering if there was a
script that would identify the duplicates and their locations so I can
purge them to better organize and post.  There is a /photos directory
that itself contains both photos and other sub-directories so it would
need to search both the /photos directory and all sub-directories within
it.

Am I wishfully thinking?  I don't have experience with sed and awk
(although I've used grep and pipes in the past) but this is beyond my
limited understanding.

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils;
they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- GK Chesterton

11:15AM up 3:03, 0 users, load averages: 0.39, 0.43, 0.61
FreeBSD salamander.thesizemores.net 5.3-STABLE i386