[ale] Nvidia vs ATI on low cost laptops

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 5 22:21:44 EST 2005

You don't have hardware acceleration setup right, I'd bet.  Do you have
the dri or glx module loaded?  I believe that the ATI drivers use the
dri module don't they?  Since I've never used the ATI hardware I am not
familiar with it's configuration.  I do know that nvidia accesses the
glx module and that you are not to enable the dri module when using the
nvidia driver.
Dow