[ale] A bit of a fuss with RH/Fedora/YDL (and maybe others)

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:07:16 EST 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:19:46 -0500 (EST), tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
<tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:

> 1) I have yet to find this behavior documented anywhere.
> 2) I don't understand the advantages/disadvantages to the system of
> indirection. (And PAM isn't the only place this happens either)
> 3) There are no _comments_ in the configuration files to offer guidance.
> 4) The whole system is geared to be a write only configuration system.

It is exactly this type of behavior that leads me to characterize
these distributions as Linux based, while Slackware is just
Linux...and to some extent Debian is as well. I do use and tolerate
them though, since they are in such widespread use.

--
Jonathan "thinks OpenSolaris will eat Linux for breakfast because of
such BS" Rickman