[ale] ifup problems, possible IPv6

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Feb 3 18:41:29 EST 2005

Tony Carter wrote:
> On Thursday 03 February 2005 18:42, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>  > 	No, you don't.  AFAIK, no distro is shipping the kernel with IPv6
>
>>compiled into the kernel.  It's being delivered as a module.  The
>>
>>>and another way to disable ipv6:
>>> echo "NETWORKING_IPV6=no" >> /etc/sysconfig/network
>>
>>	Bzzzttt...  Wrong answer.  That's the default anyways.  Try it.  It
>>won't make one lick of different on FedoraCore 2 or 3, because it's
>

> I stand corrected,  you are right on both accounts.

Don't take it personal Tony, you'll get to know Michael, and find out
that he's rarely wrong (ever?), and highly knowledgeable.  A great asset
to the list. :)

I appreciate you acknowledging his comments, for the sake of the
archives.  Not many of us can admit we are wrong. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey