[ale] ifup problems, possible IPv6

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 17:17:33 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 13:42 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Building
> a custom kernel on Fedora Core 3 is a royal pain in the fanny, since it
> no longer has a "sourcecode" rpm and the SRPM has to be used and that
> can't be installed or updated by yum.  Building a vanilla kernel from a
> primary kernel.org tarball is even further out there.

Wow, I had no idea.  I'm surprised that a major distribution is like
that.  In Gentoo-land, kernel compiles are part of the natural order of
things and you can either bring your kernels (including vanilla ones) in
through the portage system by simply emerging them or you can drop them
in /usr/src the old-fashioned way.

Jeff