[ale] Speaker for next ALE NW meeting?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Feb 3 07:03:03 EST 2005

Raylynn Knight wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:16 -0500, Jim Patterson wrote:
>
>>Hello All,
>>
>>I tried to send a message to the admin at ale.org address listed on
>>the ALE web site, but I got a bounce indicating that the "list" was not
>>known.
>>
>>The body of the message is below:
>>
>>---------------------------------------------
>>
>>At the last ALE WN meeting Ray asked if anyone would be willing to
>>give the next presentation with a topic of either beginner shell usage or
>>the GCC tool chain.  I said that I might be able to.
>>
>>At this point I know that I can give either of those talks at the next
>>meeting, but I need to know which topic, suggested duration, ...
>>
>>The last meeting was my first ALE meeting, so I could use any
>>newbie-presenter type info that might be available.
>>
>>------------------------------------------------
>>
>>Can someone point me to the correct address for discussing the
>>presentation?  Or maybe the correct person/persons can contact me
>>directly?
>
> I believe Geoffrey already has a speaker for the February meeting.  If
> you want to volunteer to give a talk on either subject at a future
> meeting, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Actually, Dr. Gayler was looking for someone to do such a talk and we
could actually have two meetings as he was hoping to have it on a
Wednesday.  His whole class would attend and ALE members are welcome.

That being said, if Jim is still up to it, I'll touch base with Dr.
Gayler and see what we can schedule.

What say you Jim?

--
Until later, Geoffrey