[ale] Mac Mini

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Feb 2 14:27:48 EST 2005

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

I poked at one for a few minutes at the Apple Store at Northpoint.  It
was a 1.42GHz with 512M RAM.  Didn't do much more than poke at Safari
and load some Flash stuff with it, but it felt quicker than my
1.25GHz/1G powerbook.  I've all but decided I'm getting one to replace
the 266MHz/96M original iMac (well, 2nd revision) that the kids use
(primarily to hit pbskids.org and play their preschool / Blue's Clues
/ yadda yadda yadda Shockwave stuff).

I use the above mentioned powerbook as my primary desktop at work and
I'm still more than satisfied with it; runs OmniWeb, iTerm, some
remote X stuff, and Mail.app just fine (of course I am geting bumpped
up to one of the 1.67's that just got announced this week, so I'm sure
my expectations will likewise rise :).

    Christopher> Anyone tried this:
    Christopher> http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0185054

See also http://www.apple.com/macmini/ for more details.

    Christopher> How can i find out if my HP A4033A monitor will work
    Christopher> with this?  It is an old 1994 21" workstation
    Christopher> monitor.  It works fine under Linux.

As Chris said, if it's VGA (and doesn't require some reallly weird
sync frequency) it should work fine.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'