[ale] SSH and passwords

David Corbin dcorbin at enttek.com
Tue Feb 1 16:38:25 EST 2005

If I know the proper password for logging in via ssh, is there anyway to
"programmatically provide" (like from a script) that to the ssh client?
Please don't lecture me about security and keys.  I understand it well
enough.

 I'm looking at implementing a tool to help set up keys between a set of
machines with out them having to retype passwords too many times, so the
passwords would not be stored.  As near as I can tell, it takes two "ssh
invocations" to provide a key to a remote system, and a third to test it.
Couple that, with the dozens of systems with the same passwords, and it would
be quite helpful.

Near as I can tell, you can redirect stdin, and I can see no way to pass it as
an argument or such.

Thanks.
David