[ale] Asterisk Success

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 29 17:54:58 EST 2005

I'm now installing Asterisk at Home.  I've read the LJ article where it
states that the easiest way is to use the disti.  I would have normally
used FC4 instead.  Does anyone have any success stories for the Aeterisk
system?  I may use it to manage many modems that I have installed in a
server.  I'm looking to install a T1 board and I'll need many FXO ports
to run these modems.  It would be nice if i could fine ATAs that would
support the modems then I would not really need so many FXO ports.  At
E-Deltacomm we have a server with a 4 port modem board and I can that
that to 24ports.  Instead of having 24 analog lines dropped in it would
be easier if I had one T1 line and then I could have the telco assign 24
individual numbers.  I finally can pool my modems so I could have 4
modems to one number.  With my own PBX I can easily add a modem to the
pool as demand increases.  Without this I would be required to call the
phone company.