[ale] Speedfactory now requires mail contents to be readable

C Lee Davis lists at geographic.net
Wed Dec 28 19:12:26 EST 2005

Jerald Sheets wrote:
>  From the time I joined, they suggested not using their mail server,
> and  to build my own.  You have that ability, and I would definitely
> recommend it.
>
> An aside here:  You have Microsoft and clueless users to thank for
> these types of policies.  It is in Speedfactory's best interest to do
> this type of automated scanning, so as to escape culpability in the
> spread of viruses and trojans, as well as staying off various
> blacklists hither and yon.

That works until they stop blocking port 25 outbound, as BellSouth and
Mindspring do, so that your server can only send via their mail relays.

I'm about to the point of encrypting everything just to annoy crap like
this.

--
                              C. Lee Davis
Fantasy Geographic Society              http://fantasy.geographic.net/