[ale] Speedfactory now requires mail contents to be readable

W. Keith Miller smeadspam100 at speedfactory.net
Wed Dec 28 14:43:19 EST 2005

Just to make a note, sometimes the zip decompressor scan only goes one
deep (Mailscanner can be configured this way).  One idea if you must
send a password protected zip is to bury the password protected one 2 or
more deep. Yes it is annoying. Of course other alternatives are to
encrypt the package (ala gpg or PGP) or use a "drop point" .  Just some
thoughts. I do agree that Speedfactory is doing a bit of CYA .  I only
wish these policy shifts would get posted so we don't find out about
them the hard way (ala news feeds)