[ale] Linux 2.4 and usb mice

Tejus Parikh tejus at vijedi.net
Tue Dec 27 19:11:07 EST 2005

When I got home, I tried compiling a new kernel so I could make sure it
had my chipset compiled in.  It no longer looks like it's trying to
associate with the keyboard drivers.  It almost looks like everything
worked fine, but mouse events don't register.  The light on the mouse
does come on.  To test i'm using /dev/input/mice.   This is what my
logs have to say about it:

dmesg shows this.  During this period, I plugged in and unplugged a few
different mice:
hub.c: new USB device 00:10.0-2, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xc16/0x2) is not claimed by any active driver.
usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
usb.c: registered new driver hid
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
input,hiddev0: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Gyration Gyration RF Technology
Receiver] on usb2:2.0
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
hid-core.c: v1.8.1 Andreas Gal, Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech at suse.cz>
hid-core.c: USB HID support drivers
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:10.0-2 address 2
hub.c: new USB device 00:10.2-2, assigned address 2
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
input,hiddev0: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Gyration Gyration RF Technology
Receiver] on usb4:2.0
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:10.2-2 address 2
hub.c: new USB device 00:10.2-1, assigned address 3
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)
hub.c: new USB device 00:10.2-1, assigned address 4
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-110)

lsmod shows:
root at dizzy:~# lsmod
uinput                  3008   0  (unused)
keybdev                 2052   0  (unused)
mousedev                3988   1
hid                    21092   0  (unused)
ohci1394               25328   0  (unused)
ieee1394               46116   0  [ohci1394]
uhci                   25212   0  (unused)
ehci-hcd               17644   0  (unused)
usbcore                39076   0  [hid uhci ehci-hcd]