[ale] OT: question about replacing batteries in a APC UPS

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Dec 21 10:39:22 EST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Mike Harrison wrote:

> Courtney asked:
> > What and how do the testers reveal ?

<<snip some great looking instructions>>
> ----------------
>
> Honest disclaimer: I've done these tests and more.. but I usually
> just plug them in and see if they work. :)  - I did check out the wiring in my house
> when I bought it for proper polarity of the pins, and good grounds..
> and again when I put in the generator and UPS's.. but I'm insane.

I don't know about the insane part, or at least with respect to wiring
being "insane". I  read somewhere years ago that between 10% and 20% of
all wiring jobs had some safety error associated with them, frequently a
nonfunctional ground. Sounds like nice rational obsessive behavior to me.
Wish more people felt the same way about power.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown