[ale] .wmv on linux

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 00:17:26 EST 2005

I downloaded all the pkgs that seemed relevant. I can't get them all to
install because of dependancies on other packages which I can't locate
(libMagick, libWand)! It also claims that libtheora and speex are not
available even though I installed them prior. So the rpm route is not working
for me. Ok so try building it...

I built xine-lib successfully (it installed in /usr/local/xine). But when I go
to build xine-ui I get this:
*** The xine-config script installed by XINE could not be found
*** If XINE was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the XINE_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to xine-config.
configure: error: *** You should install xine-lib first ***

My configure command is: ./configure

I'm losing hair over this! What else can I do? What am I doing wrong?