[ale] .wmv on linux

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:29:59 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 05:49 -0500, Jim Philips wrote:

> Mplayer is the app that "just works". Get it at:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html
>
> There's no reason to even think about anything else.

Yeah... almost.

Except it doesn't work that I can tell with the DivX codecs like it says
it does.  It says it sees it when you run ./configure, it says that
it'll use it, but it doesn't.  It refuses to use the DivX codec and
switches to MPEG1, which, well, doesn't work with DivX.

*shrugs*

Mind, it's the only format that I've come across thus far that it
doesn't play... but it's highly agitating.

	- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                     fd0man at gmail.com

"Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount,
fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep."  :-)