[ale] SuSE update

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 17 14:51:44 EST 2005

Tim,
Are you purchasing the laptop from Emperor?  That is usually cheaper and
more guaranteed when working with them than taking it after the fact.
Also, it does need to be a model they work with for the "not purchased
from them" software workover.

The Admin book in each SuSe package usually had a section on upgrading
from one version to the next.  There were lot's of issues from 8.x to
9.x so 7.x to 9.x would probably be a reinstall and not upgrade
recommended path for sure.

Dow