[ale] changes to ftp.ale.org

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:29:46 EST 2005

I instituted a new max user limit on the ftp daemon on ftp.ale.org.  I
did this because it's the .iso downloads that are really taking up the
most bandwidth.  I also redirect .isos on the http port to the ftp
port so that all .isos will go over ftp.

I think this will increase the overall transfer rate at which people
download on the server given that they can connect to it in the first
place via ftp (I got over 1mbyte/s or 1000kb/s on my work connection).
 I've already noticed that it does sit at about the max users on ftp,
but also hovers close to the rate cap on it.

Overall http transfers are real fast and if you're patient ftp
transfers are really fast as well.

I will continue to keep an eye on it to see if I can raise the max users again.

--
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory